Safety cutout after flushing system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just flushed my central heating system 5 times after using Wickes own brand system cleanser, twice yesterday & thrice today. My problem is that last night the both the heating took 4 hours before it would start heating the radiators & I'm having the same problem today. I've bled all radiators several times & ran the system with the boiler on a low setting for an hour in the hope that that would help settle the system down but still no heating.

I just wondered if there might be a safety cutout device in the system that stops the water flow to the rads & how I can overcome the problem or does it normally take several hours after a flush before the heating will work. If it helps, the hot water is having the same problem. The pump is on & running (I've changed the speed to 3 & you can hear the different speed) & is a WILO GOLD 50. The boiler is a Baxi Solo 2 80 PF & there are 5 rads up 7 downstairs. Any advice/suggestions gratefully received as I'm at my wit's end & getting cold! :(

Sponsored Links
i would suspect an air lock.

search air lock on this forum

Thanx for that but I've tried bleeding the rads without the pump on but still have the same problem. Any other ideas to get rid of an air lock?

Thanx

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back