Hot water not wroking(combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Protherm 80e combi boiler, it is about 4 years old. The heating works as normal, but I do not have any hot water, when I open the hot water tap the boiler dose not come on even though there is plenty of water pressure there.
Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
ARGGGH The protherm Grrrr

your hot water flow swtich has gone, its my experince its best to replace the whole diverter valve assembly as the push rod get stuck.

good luck, the faults on those never seem to end

Isn't it the fairly standard diverter like on the Icon?

The diaphragm can usually be mended in situ although I dont remember if the gas valve has to come out like on the Icon.

Fairly ordinary not very exciting repair. I would hope to be finished within 90 minutes.

We would charge £106 but probably think we should have charged more afterwards as they take longer than most boilers.

Tony

I have never just got away with replacing just the diaphram Tony and usually that is not the problem, more the push rod that passes through the diverter valve assembly to actuate the DHW microswitch.

Yes you do have to remove the gas valve, but in fairness to the slovakian protherm its easy to do.

They are quite nice to work on.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies

I have taken the diverter valve assembly off and found that the diaphragm has a split in it.

I have been to a few different places and even tried to order one but I have been told I can not get the diaphragm on its own for this model I need to buy the whole diverter valve assembly unit.

For something that would cost around £4 I have to spend around £90 to fix this boiler.

Hi, does anyone know where i can get a pdf manual for a prothern 80e combination boiler. I have just replaced the diverter valve and the secondary heat exchanger because the mounting post on the original heat exchanger was steel, this has reacted with the brass diverter valve. The new exchangers have a copper post, probably because of the poor design the first time around, so remember this when thinking of changing the diverter valve. Now the boiler has been bolted back together it will not start, i get the fault code "FO" and need the manual to know where to start looking.
Martyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back