Adding photos to Word docs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm

I'm a bit rusty in this department.

I have two images in "My Pictures" that I need to add to a Word doc. How do you do it?

Plus, I need to select a portion of another image also to be added to a word doc. I have Photoshop, but don't know how to use it (fat lot of good that is!!)

Anybody enlighten me, please?

Sponsored Links
In your word document, position the cursor insertion-point where you want the picture.
Go to Insert/Picture/From File and left-click.
Browse to find the file and click on it, then click Insert.
You can resize the image in word by click&drag at the corners.
You can crop the image in word to leave just the bit you want.
Go to View/Toolbars/Picture to get the crop tool.
The Picture tool bar allows you to adjust brightness, contrast etc.
Press F1 Help if you need guidance.
No need to learn potoshop if the image is fit for use in the document.

Cheers, Moss!

That all worked a treat!

Have a virtul pint on me!!

Sponsored Links
Seeing as you have been a brown-nosed student, here is another method: -
With the picture open, Right-click on the picture and Left-click on copy.
With the document open and insertion point positioned, Right-click and choose paste.

How's about putting the pix in a frame?? then you can move it anywhere.
winword.jpg

Via right click on toolbar - customise .. ;)

Now then...that might have answered my question on this before I ask it!...

I have to put about eith pics onto one sheet of A4 via word in work..the first one goes on a treat..i want to put the second one next to it...the third below it and the fourth next to that....

It always ends up in a right mess with pictures all over the place...I thought you would be able to hiver the cursor oer them...left click and drag and drop to re-postion..the same as you do an object..but it wont have it in word.....

Thoughts please

You can just resize the pics so they're the same size and they fit onto the page correctly, Just grab the corner of the pic and drag it to the right size. You can put the ruler on to help with resizing. Frames are ok but I never use them.
Part of my last job was to write manufacturing manuals for electrical switchgear. Anyone heard of Dorman Smith Switchgear? Now more or less extinct :cry: What small amount of product they still make is now made abroad.

gcol said:
You can just resize the pics so they're the same size and they fit onto the page correctly, Just grab the corner of the pic and drag it to the right size. You can put the ruler on to help with resizing. Frames are ok but I never use them.
Part of my last job was to write manufacturing manuals for electrical switchgear. Anyone heard of Dorman Smith Switchgear? Now more or less extinct :cry: What small amount of product they still make is now made abroad.

I can only just wire a plug!..

Its a sad sad testemant of the times we live in..so much business go's abroad now..im no Captain of industry..but this country is fast becoming nothing but an overgrown franchise...if allthe major players such as the car companies and the electronics giants pulled out we would be left with a lot of people on the dole and barely anything to export.

These pix in Word, are each in a 'frame' Can be placed anywhere, over or under another if necessary.. within margin space where-ever.

UseFrame.jpg

I have now given up a huge secret .... ;)

Find the 'insert' command button which I showed previously, drag it onto your tool bar.
Paste a pix, select it, hit the frame button voila !! the frame surrounds the pix and you can move it to your choice of position.
Or, hit the button, note cursor change, drag a frame or box, 'insert' a pix job done....

I know, a critical part of the software and M$ label it 'Horizontal' !!! Silly choice innit?

;)

If you are trying to allign your pictures up neatly, you can Insert a Table and drop your pictures into the cells.

Another way is to insert your pictures as Moss5 decribes. Then on your picture toolbar click text wrapping (little dog with lines) from the options click In front of Text. This will give you full control of the picture and it will Float on your page enabling you to put it anywhere. Use the arrow keys to fine tune your positioning - pressing Ctrl while using the arrow keys will enhance your fine tuning.

Tip: If using MS Word XP, 2002 or 2003 version and you have alot of pictures in your word doc that you want to email. Double click on the picture and select compress. Select All pictures in document and select Web/Screen for the resolution. Then resave - This significantly reduces the size of the document for Emailing etc..

This however is only successful if you use Insert Picture from File as oppose to cutting and pasting from MS Imaging.

Have Fun ;)

Ensuring the dawg doesn't bark .. That is the trick !
;)

Note the difference when you insert a caption ... using a frame the caption pops inside and scoots around with the pix.. or text or anything in the frame ...
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back