noisy baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baxi 105 combination boiler which is approx 18 month old and we are now getting a whine, which can be heard through out the house.
Also when the boiler is cold and the central heating kicks in, we then get a very loud whine from the boiler for a couple of mins.
It then resumes to the steady whine.
I have bled the central heating system a number of times but have got very little air out of it.
Could anyone please help.
thank you

Sponsored Links
Heat exchanger or Diverter valve.Was system flushed/inhibited.How old is the boiler ???

Thanks for the reply,
The boiler is 18 months old and the system was not flushed. All the installer did was fit thermostatic valves to the radiators.
There is no divertor valve on the system, so I belive it is a heat exchanger system.

regards Michael Foster

Baxi have had problems with a whine commimg from the diverter valve within the boiler. There is an improved diverter available but I would suggest ringing Baxi first they may cover under warranty.

Sponsored Links
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT ANDSAM,PERSONALLY I HAVE ALWAYS PREFFERED MY WINE IN A GLASS NOT ON THE BOILER...

Mickfos there is a divertor valve on this boiler it diverts primary heated water to the plate heat exchanger to heat the cold main water coming into the boiler in order to give you hot water at the hot tap,basically a combi.
You say the noise is apparant on heat up {first fire} from cold,if so its more likely to be the heat x,unless there is screeching when you demand dhw at a tap.Best bet flush system/cleanse/inhibit.In other words do all the things your installer should have done and probably charged you for ...

noise will almost certainly be from the diverter valve O'rings not sealing properly ;) diverter can be removed and O'rings replaced is the cheapest option ;)

Baxmax said:
Mickfos there is a divertor valve on this boiler it diverts primary heated water to the plate heat exchanger to heat the cold main water coming into the boiler in order to give you hot water at the hot tap,basically a combi.
You say the noise is apparant on heat up {first fire} from cold,if so its more likely to be the heat x,unless there is screeching when you demand dhw at a tap.Best bet flush system/cleanse/inhibit.In other words do all the things your installer should have done and probably charged you for ...
Thanks for that.
What is involved with flushing the system.
Do I need to get an expert to do this, or can I do it myself ?.
If I need to get someone to do it, can you give me any idea of the cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back