LOFT LIGHTING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to add a light to my loft. I thought a strip light with a pull cord switch would be best.

I would be very grateful if someone could post a wiring diagram.

Thanks, Dom.

Sponsored Links
definately use a flurescent strip light,gives off much more light,the switch i would say is your preference

domroe said:
I would be very grateful if someone could post a wiring diagram.

Thanks, Dom.

i would be very gratefull if you looked in sticky for reference for a diagram

Sponsored Links
I put a 150 watt halogen floodlight in my loft, with a lead and 13amp plug (fused 3amp), It plugs into a socket installed by the loft hatch downstairs high up on the landing wall.

This way I always have to remember to unplug the loft light, before closing the hatch - a useful safety feature.

A door switch worked by the loft hatch would have been much more elegant.....

ban-all-sheds said:
A door switch worked by the loft hatch would have been much more elegant.....
you'd never know if it was working . . . :eek: :LOL:

I use a pull cord switch, cunningly arranged so the cord dangles just above the hatch opening, and I put a conspicuous curtain ring on it so i can switch on/off with the hatch pole hook without needing the ladder.

Whats wrong with the good old normal light switch mounted on the loft floor next to the hatch? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back