Potterton Suprima 30 - replacing PCB questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions:

1. How easy is it to replace the PCB on the Potterton Suprima 30 - not something i've ever done before but was wondering what sort of connections it has - is it a simple unplug and plug in new one?

2. Does the PCB contain the thermostat to protect for overheating of water?

3. Is it worth replacing the whole unit or just the PCB bit (Links below) - how easy is the PCB to get to? From the pictures i've seen it looks like simple pin plugs?

I'm getting the red flashing light consistently and now its getting really annoying...

Links:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Potterton-Sup...595979477QQcategoryZ63905QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POTTERTON-SUP...040256691QQcategoryZ42234QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
Steve

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
dont think uve any choice but replace whole thing. it now comes in a sealed unit, i beleive

Thanks Fitz for the response...

I didnt realise it was a sealed unit.

Is it something a reasonably adept person can handle - ie will i need a soldering iron!?

Thanks
steve

no soldering iron req but strictley speaking u need to be a corgi registered engineer bcos the kit involves opening the combustion cover and replaceing the entire wiring loom.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, a CORGI job alright. Not a quick one either, gotta replace the whole right hand side of the bloody boiler! And to answer your other question, no it doesn't come with the NTC (temp thermistor). Thats an extra £14 or so from merchants.

I note you're quoting ebay. You may be someone about to add his name to the list of us folk with boards from ebay which are dead on arrival. It's always possible that the installer (you) could have done something wrong so there's no comeback.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back