PowerMax 140 Timer problem - HW but not CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got an odd problem with the progammer/Timer on my Powermax140. It's completely blank! was fine last night and got up this morning to find the house cold with no heating. When I push the reset button (- and Enter) together and release, the display resets and everything looks fine with 12:00 being displayed for about a second and then immediately the screen goes blank! Boiler works fine for HW when operating switch is in Hot Water Cont.
Any obvious things to check? is there a way to bypass the timer which I guess is essentially a switch to get my CH workin for a few hours....its 'kin freezin here! :rolleyes:
Had a callout this morning but the chap figured it was a faulty timer and didnt have one in stock so I've got to wait over a week...will be an iceberg by then!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
we have programmers in stock for these boilers, and we also cover berkshire. so it might be worth calling the office on 01329 221115. we are on the find an expert under pluming and po13 postcode

Some of these are still under warranty. Phone baxi on Monday morning as you may be entitled to a free waranty repair. P458 clocks are carried as van stock on heateam vans.

Sponsored Links
the warranty only applies to boilers under 2 years old in new build houses and 1 year in an old house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back