setting up an email account

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt put this on the computer section as Im not sure if email is software or what. :oops:
I have already been given advice on here, how to get an email address, other than the one that I use for all my family.

I am trying to get one this morning and put in hotmail on askjeeves.
Then I clicked on msn hotmail.
A box flashed up and said various stuff like... this was a secure site and people couldnt view information on it etc.

It then said underneath that there was a problem with security.
something about the certificate not having the same name and did I want to view the certificate or proceed?

can anyone advise me on this, as I dont want to proceed and damage my computer...

Sponsored Links
Worth noting - if you ever get any 'pop up' windows telling you that your system is vulnerable, or has spyware, etc. Never download anything through one of these pop-ups. The chances are that it will install its own 'spyware' into your computer.

'Computer generated' pop-up messages are different and give genuine advice. However, some 'hackers' and 'advertisers' are very smart and make their 'internet' pop-up look like a computer-sent message. If in ANY doubt about what something is, NEVER follow it's instructions - check with someone first.

Hope this makes sense?

:p

thanks, I wasnt sure and no one to check with so I didnt continue and used a different one instead.

Sponsored Links
Back