Myson 322 actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding my central heating.

Yesterday my heating failed, the potterton boiler wouldnt fire up when I switched the heating on. However is worked fine when I switched on the hot water.

My next door neighbour recently had the same problem, and he showed my a valve next to the hotwater tank that controls the way the water flows around the system. The control unit for this valve had failed and it was stuck in the "hot water only" position. I switched the button on the valve into the manual mode and now the heating and hot water are both working fine(this actually seems to have made my rads get even hotter than before)

So what I need to know is, is it safe to leave this valve in the manual position, will it have any detrimental affects on my boiler/heating system or should I replace the control unit?

Sponsored Links
suggest you do search for 3 port valve.
I had exactly the same problem. With the actuator removed I could see the valve was moving to all three positions, but in the CH position there was no power on the orange output wire. This suggested the problem was micro switch. New head fitted in about 20 mins cost £39.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back