Vokera 80SP advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vokera 80SP combination boiler.

When it was first fitted we were happy with it and had no real issues.

We have since had to have the diverter diaphragm replaced a couple of times, although the last time (December 05) the task cost £100 which I was not pleased about. would anyone concur that this is a reasonable cost?

The other issue is that the hot water is running alternatively hot and cold, to be honest more cold than hot! The engineer who replaced the diaphragm said this is quite normal and to be honest, I don't believe that as it certainley didn't start out that way.

We also have the problem that the copper pipe that sits just under the boiler that rests just against the wall is constantly dripping water, this over last few days has gotten musch worse and potentially causing a real issue with damp!!

Can anyone address any of these issues?

Darran

Sponsored Links
Can anyone address any of these issues?
Are you a social worker?

Anyway, to..."address your issues".... I don't know Vokeras myself, but it sounds as if you have some real problems....I mean issues...with your boiler. Could be a temperature sensor issue, secondary heat exchanger issue, leaking PRV issue, and a dishonest engineer issue. Why not get in a social worker to sort it out?

Its either the fan or the fan resistor

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The pipe which is dripping is the prv you need to check the expansion vessel isat the right pressure roughly 1 bar also you may need to replace the prv...pressure relief valve.

Sponsored Links
SOunds like it was fitted by an antisocial worker, if he left the pressure rellief pipe inside the building.
He probably also didn't clean the system and that has now affected the heater exchanger in the normal way, giving you interrupted showers.

A callout ££ will depend where you are, and your caller may have done a bit more than just changing the diaphragm, needing a £35 kit which he has to get, so not necessarily expensive at all.

When in dhw mode observe main gas through sight glass it should modulate between high gas & low gas if as i suspect it goes from high gas to off then after about 10 secs goes back to high then your fan is dirty or too slow job for a pro though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back