central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a BIASI 24S combi boiler which has just been inherited with a new house. When there is a demanded, hot water is available and you can hear the boiler firing up. However, it refuses to come on for the central heating. There is no room stat fitted and all other settings on the boiler seem OK, so it should be firing up.
It developed this fault after being switched off for a period of time, so I initially thought it was a jammed pump or something?...

I am looking at a 2 week wait for a plumber in my area to check it out, and the inlaws are freezing, so any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply - no it will not come on when set to either summer or winter settings. I have had a further look and I think it is an electronic problem - maybe something with the PCB? is there any way to test this?

[hi Howie] I have a similar problem mine is the 3Way valve electric controller faulty and not turning the valve to the correct position.

If you have the same controller as me (danfoss) feel around it and you will find a lever pull this lever all the way to the stop, hold for a few seconds. and the heating will come on.

I also understand that you can get replacement controllers from screwfix
next day delivery.

I hope this is of some help.

regards

John

Sponsored Links
guinn3 said:
[hi Howie] I have a similar problem mine is the 3Way valve electric controller faulty and not turning the valve to the correct position.

If you have the same controller as me (danfoss) feel around it and you will find a lever pull this lever all the way to the stop, hold for a few seconds. and the heating will come on.

next day delivery.

I hope this is of some help.

regards

John

Screwfix do not stock parts for Italian combination boilers. I wish they did :)

24s diverter is hydraulic :eek:

hi again, managed to get a plumber to have a quick look. His diagnosis was that the main PCB had gone. He said in his opinion the boiler was a really budget one and advised changing it for a Valient etc. He said he could probably get a replacement PCB but it was going to be difficult to get hold of and would cost about £200.
does anyone have any experience of these combis?
What do you reckon would have gone on the PCB?
Am I being ripped off?

thanks again. Howie

The Biasi is a good budget boiler, should be no problem getting parts. How old is the boiler? You could call Biasi and they could send an engineer if you think you are being ripped off, did your plumber have a good look at the boiler?

The boiler is 6 years old. They were familiar with the boiler having installed it, and were quick to diagnose the PCB fault. I dont know though - I just feel like I may be able to sort it by poking around the board. thanks for your help anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back