AEG cooker and oven installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just purchased an AEG ceramic glass induction hob (7.4 kW) and oven (3 kW) and am looking to install them.

Having read around the message board, am I right in thinking that I can do this on one new radial circuit, using 10mm2 cable from a 45 amp mcb in my consumer unit to a double pole cooker control unit near to the cooker? Then run 10mm2 cable to two (one for each appliance) terminal outlet boxes, if so, do both cables from the terminal outlet boxes get connected together in the cooker control unit? Also the instruction manuals for the appliances mention using specific cables to connect to the appliance terminal blocks, H05VV-F or H05RR-F for the oven and H05BB-F Tmax 90 (or higher) for the hob, what are these?

Finally the instruction manual for the hob also states that a protective floor must be installed under the appliance and the appliance must be protected from steam if an oven is fitted below, any ideas where I can obtain the above from, the built in cooker kitchen unit I bought from Ikea did not contain any such items.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back