""mm central Heating pipework run.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
Well I decided to save a grand and re run my central heating pipe work.
I am using 22mm supply and return and 15mm to radiators.
I want to run a loop system.
Is there any advantage of running the 22mm pipe work in a continuous run ie from left to right (IE U shaped.) Or just using a T piece from where the pipe comes down from the boiler and going left and right.( this is easier for me).
Hope this is as clear as my radiator water, but thats another thread.!!!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's no need for a continous loop of 22mm - in fact you will get a partial short circuit. You run the 22mm to main areas and then go local in 15mm for the radiators. A 15mm flow will support 3-4 radiators. The same for the return.

The single pipe system (what you call loop) is no longer used in domestic.

Hi
So it would be ok to branch off from the down pipe and run a single lenth in each direction ( house is split into two sections under the floor) , T ing off 15mm to each radiator.
IE one single length of 25 mm will feed 4 radiator whereas the other length will feed 3 radiators.

Sponsored Links
flow out of boiler to one side of radiators, return to other side of radiatos. radiators make the loop .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back