Printing problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my printer has decided it only wants to print off three quarters of the page. I have checked my page settings and print setting, all of these are as normal and set to A4 paper. Nothing has been changed manually - any ideas? :cry:

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
my printer has decided it only wants to print off three quarters of the page. I have checked my page settings and print setting, all of these are as normal and set to A4 paper. Nothing has been changed manually - any ideas? :cry:

any particular program ? or just anything at all?

Is it printing in the middle with big margins, or printing as normal but only 3/4?

all programmes!!! the top and side margins are fine, but the just printing 3/4

What kind of printer is it? Make and Model.

Try printing a test page. Try re-installing the printer driver if you have the disk.

:)

Sponsored Links
have reinstalled the printer and seems to be working now - many thanks for that!
Cheers

I know this is fixed now, which is a good thing. Out of curiosity is this a standalone desktop, or networked to another machine. Have you installed any new software on it recently?

no it is a stand alone computer - sat in a room only touched by two adults - no new software applied - very curious!!!!

Very strange, how can a print driver can change for no apparent reason. It's a bit like saying my house spontaneously re-wired itself incorrectly :D Still glad it's all working, often the answer is a re-installation, but the lack of explanation always intrigues me. Bring back windows 3.1 with only a few files and no registry :D

Be interesting to see how Windows 3.1 would run on a 2.4Ghz machine, not that it could recognise most of the hardware :D

Eddie M said:
Very strange, how can a print driver can change for no apparent reason. It's a bit like saying my house spontaneously re-wired itself incorrectly :D Still glad it's all working, often the answer is a re-installation, but the lack of explanation always intrigues me. Bring back windows 3.1 with only a few files and no registry :D

Be interesting to see how Windows 3.1 would run on a 2.4Ghz machine, not that it could recognise most of the hardware :D

Not that strange, i get it all the time especially on Canons.

Sponsored Links
Back