indesit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my machine wont let any hot water into machine,and cold water continues to fill the drum until i turn off at mains, then dial just carrys on clicking round and round and my washing get stuck in machine untill i can open door and take out soaking wet washing. can you advise please

Sponsored Links
On selecting a wash program a voltage is fed to the cold water inlet valve at the rear of the washing machine. Water then fills the drum (about 7Ltrs) to the point were a pressure switch is operated as it moniters the water level in the drum and fed back to the programmer which then discontinues the voltage to the inlet valve which closes it, not allowing any more water to enter the drum. The programmer then moves on to the next sequence which feeds a voltage to motor to start spinning and so on. If in your case the water continues to fill the drum it probably because either the inlet valve is jammed on open position (most likely cause) or the pressure switch fails to switch when the drum is at the correct level. You could try to put on a boil wash which should only open the hot water inlet valve if this works ok then it looks very likely to be the cold water valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back