noisy Ferroli 77 FFboiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post, hoping for some advice.
combi boiler Ferroli 77FF req to be topped up on regular basis.other problem is the boiler makes what i can only describe as a \\\"grinding noise\\\" on occasions,this when the CH is on,if i then turn on the hot water tap the noise stops and then starts as soon as tap turned off. I\\\'ve noticed that the pipe outside is getting some drips.If i then top the boiler up its ok for a few days then i get the grinding again when it runs alittle low.
Hope i\\\'ve made clear what the problem is, any comments or advice much appreciated,thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
smudge450 said:
I\\\'ve noticed that the pipe outside is getting some drips

i get the grinding again when it runs alittle low.

Pressure Relief Valve is letting by then ...
Question is:- Is it passing water because its doing its job or because its knackered.
Remember I can only give an educated guess without seeing it. [You may or may not have a leak as well]
My guess is that it has been doing its job because theres a fault with your pressure vessel and now it may have taken your PRV with it. The grinding noise may mean that your pump is the next 'domino to topple' if you dont act quickly
Assuming the pressure is set to 1 - 1.5 bar when cold. Does it go over 2.5 - 3 bar when in use?
Its not uncommon for either a PV, PRV or both to go in an older ferroli like yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back