Ideal Icos Boiler Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had an Icos boiler fitted and there is a noise like a whistle from the boiler, which is mounted in a cuboard.
The noise is at its worst in the mornings when it fires up.
Is there anyone out there with or has heard of this problem?

Sponsored Links
yes i have had to ideal out on this (it sounds like a ghost inside), Its something to do with the fan seating am waiting for a report from them

how old is the boiler i would advise you get them out on a warantee call

The Boiler was only fitted about 70 days ago
The company that fitted it has no idea what the noise could be.

well get ideal out asap, dont waste your time here you have a guarantee,

Sponsored Links
My ideal combi has just started doing the same thing but its about 5 years old, it will whistle for about 10 mins first thing on a morning and then gradualy fade out. I asked a fitter and he said something about sucking air in.

I bought a condo in a building, built in 1974 in the fall of 2005. There was no noise problem during the fall.

I live on the second floor of a three story building. In December - February there were extreme noises that initially started in my bedroom. I did a series of things
to bring this problem to managements attention. I just had a voicemail message from management earlier this week. Management brought in someone to look at the
heating system (I was not notified that this was scheduled). The result is they found no reason for the noise according to the voice mail message. They offered to have me schedule a week in advance to have someone check out my unit.

What to do? I will schedule them to come check out my condo. What needs to happen in terms of the testing with spring right around the corner. The noise was so unbearable at times I could not sleep in my bed and bedroom. I would appreciate any ideas you might have. Thankfully, from your website I am glad to have information to confirm that this type of problem exists.... THANKS

My icos has been fitted for a week.I dont know if its the same noise.But it seems to be coming from where the gas enters into the casing.i read the instructions and it said something about a fancy precharging thing for the gas.But surely this annoying hum cant be right.the thing is in the roof and can hear it through a lagged roofspace and a door into our bedroom :(

Its Not right

get on to Ideal and get someone out under thier guarantee

Forget asking about it on a DIY website, you we have a guarantee use it??

01482 498660

call them NOW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back