Protherm 80EC timer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The combi boiler is working fine, but the timer now doesn't. The timer unit is receiving power and the circuit board is fine, but the timer does not rotate. I have tried a new timer from the supplier, but with the same result. The On/Off switch that the timer would activate were it to rotate works fine. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Presumably loose connection on live/neutral connections to timer.

The timer, which incorporates the on/off switch, is a sealed unit. If there was a problem with the connection to the timer, then the on/off switch would surely have no effect either, and there is power going to the unit as I said.

usual connection is 4 wires

2 are power

2 switch

as chris said if you have a bad connection ie neutral it wont work

the switch however will :D

Sponsored Links
Hi - yes there are 4 connectors. 2 white wires, which I presume come from the switch, and a brown and a blue as the power supply. These are providing power to the timer, according to a voltmeter, so I cannot see where there could be a loose connection unless it is within the timer unit itself. A replacement timer shows the same problem - I suppose the replacement could be faulty too, but unlikely I would have thought, hence the questions. Sorry, if I'm misunderstanding you - thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back