BIASI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.. does anyone have experience with BIASI boilers? specifically the Garda 24 HE?

I would like to know if its going to be reliable or not.

thanks. steve.

Sponsored Links
same boiler as ideal mini, which were more reliable than ideals own models ( by a huge margin)
not enough experience to comment on the recouperator fitted, HE version though.

The Biasi M96 is a tried and tested boiler ( M90 ) with lots of good features and the addition of a recouperator.

Unlike most other makes the recouperator is made from stainless steel !

Since the burner is a traditional pre/post aerated design its very tolerant and reliable unlike the premix designs which require everything to be spot on.

The downside is that the efficiency is only 89% compared with about 96% for the premix designs.

Biasi have now introduced a premix burner design which is known as the M110 and is much less tall than the previous models. It uses the tried and tested gianoni heat exchanger like most of the cheaper boilers and even Vaillant used it for a while on their boilers. Its mainly being sold in Northern areas and a little to soon to know how reliable the design is going to prove.

Tony Glazier

Ive fitted about half a dozen with one badge or the other on and every one was a fit and a forget job .........SO FAR !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Most boilers are fit and forget if you power flush the system properly!

Tony

Anyone know if these 'recuperators' added to make boiler 'HE' are mostly cleanable? or mostly 'sealed units'? I came across an Ariston recently which had seals on the screws holding the cover on the recuperator, to prevent it being opened. What happens when the thing gets full of crud?

The Biasi stainless one is not openable but has two 60 mm holes where the fan and flue connections go so plenty of access.

I dont see any reason why the SS ones should normally need any cleaning.

The alloy ones might well need some cleaning but I have never seen one with a full access.

Having said that, the Ravenheat alloy ones have been in use now for about five years and I have never seen or even heard of one causing any problem.

Tony

I reckon it will all depend on the local environment where the air intake is sited.

If it picks up dust, flying insects, etc., the first place these will settle out is in the bottom of the fire box. But the small stuff will go through the combustion chamber, through the fan, then stick to the damp surfaces of the recuperator. How much gets in there remains to be seen.

Downward-firing machines with single-stage heat exchangers will not have this problem: the wet bits are at the bottom and the crud will wash out with the condensate into the trap or past it. And anyway it's easy to flush through one of these from the top, with the burner removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back