loud hammer usually very early morning but can go days witho

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: Hi Guys n Gals,have a Zaegel/Held boiler;i think with pressure vessel, oil fired alongside a wood burning boiler which i've never used.Both flow to the same flue which i swept yesterday along with baffles etc on both boilers there is a Grundfoss which i've bled but not a great deal of water just a dribble and a thermostatic valve on the boiler which i've removed pin on and wd 40'd etc and still i get inconsistent banging. Tried turning stop cock down as pressure is high in France,to no avail,any suggestions welcomed and thanks in advance Biggsy aka spliff. PS. Boiler was serviced January and new jet fitted.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Check the pump is running (turning), usually by removing the large slot headed screw and inserting a small flat bladed screwdriver to mate with the pump shaft. With the power off you should be able to spin it easily, with the power on and the large screw replaced you should hear the pump starting up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back