I\\\'m an idiot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bled some of my radiators as the top of some of them weren't working. It did the trick. However I didn''t realise you were only supposed to let the air out. I thought you were also supposed to let some water out. For some of them I let a lot of water out. Realise now I should have checked this rather basic fact beforehand! Does anyone know if this is likely to have a major impact on the radiators? They are still working just fine. Don't want to call in a plumber if I can avoid it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
So long as it's NOT a 'pressurised system', any water you let out will have been replaced from the F&E tank in your loft.

BUT if it IS pressurised (a combi boiler, or a conventional boiler with a large red tank with a pressure gauge on it fitted to the CH plumbing), you'll need to top up the pressure. Read the FAQ on 'repressurising'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back