DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Wiring a Neff T1872 electric hob

This topic originated from the How to page called Installing an electric cooker
Click here to return to the page called Installing an electric cooker.

Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korky

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:09 am Reply with quote

Can anyone give advice.
I have a Neff T1872 electric hob to install, but there are no wiring diagrams within the instructions (hell..no-one said it would be easy eh?), but taking the back plate off reveals five connectors excluding the earth. There is a standard 3 diagram sticker showing possible connections, one with 3 wires coming in, one with 4 and one with 5 wires.
Am I correct in assuming that its safe to use the 3 wire diagram, where one is earth, then the live is connected to terminals 1 2 and 3, which in turn are connected together using 2 copper connectors, and the neutral is connected to terminal 5, which in turn is connected to terminal 4 with another copper connector?

Sorry for the length of question, but I hope it makes sense.
Thanks for your time.
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Jake1

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:56 pm Reply with quote

I have the same hob to install so was interested in your question, I requested this on another forum and the answer I got was "Yes".

Hope this helps, I will be doing my wiring this weekend, I wil post a message if I have problems.

Regards

Jake
 Alert Moderators
Korky

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:20 am Reply with quote

Jake...thanks for the reply.

I installed my hob last night using the three wire diagram and it works correctly, but may I suggest a few tips.

Firstly, its damn difficult to fit the 6mm wire and copper connectors into the 5 white control hub connections, in the space provided. I basically spent almost 2 frustrating hours of almost getting them in..you think it's in..then it pops out syndrome.

Anyway..eventually I took the whole backing off and took out the white control hub where you need to insert the cables/connectors. These are obviously attached to wires within the hob, but you can unscrew these and take these out. They are spaded, so they're simple to re-insert, but remember to label which wires go into which connector 1,2,3,4 & 5.

Basically, you need to have the white control hub in you hand so you can easily insert the external cables/connectors. Place this back in and re-connect the internal hob wires back into the rear of it and secure the whole unit back into place.

Hope this helps, and doing it this way, will save you a lot of time and frustration, as I almost had to purchase another hob, due to the fact that the one I was trying to fit, almost ended up thru the window !!!

It's a pretty poor design by Neff, but then again, they want you to pay a fortune for a sparky to fit it.
Best of luck...

Regards
Korky
 Alert Moderators
BR

from Ireland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:28 pm Reply with quote

The extra connections on the hob are if you want to wire it so as only 1 or 2 rings will work together. Neff seem to be the best around in kitchen applicences at the moment, Bosch and Siemens also very good.
 Alert Moderators
LifesABitchAndThenYouFry

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote

BR wrote:
The extra connections on the hob are if you want to wire it so as only 1 or 2 rings will work together. Neff seem to be the best around in kitchen applicences at the moment, Bosch and Siemens also very good.

Neff=Bosch=Siemens=BSH Home Appliances, all come off the same production line. Appliance Care is BSH sister company and does servicing for all 3 brands, they have the best aftersales set-up in the UK at the moment. They keep spares for 10 years after a model is discontinued too!
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Appliances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: