IE 6 click to activate problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last few times that i`ve gone to open a sound file or flash movie on a webpage, a text box appears under the cursor that says "click to activate this", also if I watch a video on a webpage & I hover over it, a line appears around media player & I get the same as above, but if I single click over the video then the box dissapears & that text doesn`t pop up anymore.

I`ve checked the same sites in Netscape 8.1 but this problem only occurs in IE6.

Am I right in thinking that this may be an active x problem? :confused:

ie.jpg

Sponsored Links
yes you are right.
under internet settings, check your security and advanced.

I`ve changed the security settings in each zone to allow active x controls to run without a prompt but i`m still getting the same thing!

What a pain in the arris! Might switch to a Mac now that they`re powered by Intel & not Motorola.

There is a set of codecs that covers most playback problems its called "Guardian Knot"

It installs quite a few codecs, just make sure everything it asks you to do you say "YES" and it should cure most problems.

Not sure if it's a freebie though or not, try a google on it.

Sponsored Links
Done a bit of research & I remembered that this only started to happen after I ran windows update. Turns out that due to some kind of dispute, applying update KB912945 causes this problem! & the only way around it is to uninstall the update.

So heres a warning to people about to update XP Home/Pro, DO NOT CHOOSE UPDATE KB912945

ha ha ha! who`s the f*****g daddy :evil:

Back