Baxi 80e dripping overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 80e which has been dripping from the overflow for months. I have had somebody service the boiler, but they never fixed the underlying problem. Plumbers/heating engineers are like hen's teeth round here, and even if you do manage to get them to come out they rarely come back. I'm beginning to wonder if it's my deodorant!
Back to the problem - no neon's are flashing on the control panel. I now also have a problem with intermittent hot water to the point where I can't even fill a sink with anything better than lukewarm water. To cap it all I came down this morning to find that the radiator in the living room was stone cold, but all the others were very hot(the room thermostat is in the living room, so I am aware that the boiler remains on trying get the temperature in the living room up to the set level).
Any ideas? Anybody out there available in the Frodsham/Runcorn area of Cheshire who is actually prepared to keep an appointment, and can fit me in in the foreseeable future?

Sponsored Links
think u may have a couple of small faults. I live in st helens and do work all over the region. give me contact number and i will call u.

MOD 2

please dont post a number on the forum

put an e mail adress in your profile

Thanks for the reply fitz1. You will find an e-mail address for me in my profile, although I must admit I don't know how you get access to my profile as I am new to this forum, I hope you know!

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
think u may have a couple of small faults. I live in st helens and do work all over the region. give me contact number and i will call u.

MOD 2

please dont post a number on the forum

put an e mail adress in your profile

I can't find a feedback section on this forum, but I would like to thank Tony ('fitz1') for helping me out with my boiler problems. Finally somebody who keeps an appointment, and resolves the problem, and makes sure that everything is OK afterwards. If only all tradespeople were like this.

:D

Regards,

Jeff

I can't find a feedback section on this forum, but I would like to thank Tony ('fitz1') for helping me out with my boiler problems. Finally somebody who keeps an appointment, and resolves the problem, and makes sure that everything is OK afterwards. If only all tradespeople were like this.
Thanks a lot biffo,comments much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back