additional radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wish to add an extra radiator for my garage conversion.Is it possible to tee into an exhisting radiator in my hallway.The feed and return pipes are 10mm copper,the new radiator would be mounted on the rear wall of the hallway,new pipework would be about 2m in length.To tee back into the 22mm pipes would be a nightmare as laminate flooring is layed throughout the house. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Teeing into 10mm pipe could be a problem. It depends on the extent to which the 10mm is already fully loaded by the existing rad, how much extra load you're adding on and exactly where in it's overall length you're teeing in. You may find that the circulation to one or both the rads fed by the 10mm becomes sluggish and the rads don't really get hot enough.

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Teeing into 10mm pipe could be a problem. It depends on the extent to which the 10mm is already fully loaded by the existing rad, how much extra load you're adding on and exactly where in it's overall length you're teeing in. You may find that the circulation to one or both the rads fed by the 10mm becomes sluggish and the rads don't really get hot enough.

What would you suggest, as the 22mm pipes are not accessible?
The new radiator will not be to big, and im keeping the pipework as short as possible. :rolleyes: [/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back