water dripped on my boiler circuit board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,
Came home today and found a slight roof leak around my flue going through the ceiling (single storey had loads of rain today) It had dripped on to my boiler, it wasnt much a few paper towels worth, but the boiler has stopped responding to the room thermostat in the living room (run off batterys, connected by 2 wires into the boiler circuit board) I have changed the batterys in the room thermo, but the boiler does not respond to the "call of heat" from it, it has reverted back to a boilers default which is running off its own thermostat, ran off the temperature dial for the radiators, which is on the front of the boiler, this shouldnt happen as the bridging wire has been removed and replaced with an independant wires from the room thermo. I have checked connections they are fine, its been running fine from the room thermo for 18 months, so after seeing a slight dripping of water today from the roof (i will sort out when we have better weather, there is now a "drip tray" on top of the boiler!) I think that water has entered the circuit board and caused this problem (not so much a problem if thats the way it has to be) What Im wondering does anyone agree thats the cause and do you reckon it will resume its previous state when the circuit board is dry?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Turn off power and dry with a hairdryer.

Could have blown fuses on board or bridged contacts which should not be bridged though...

Thanks aco, I did turn off the power, took cover off the boiler, checked connections and completely wiped the circuit board. It carried on as before, then after we thought "oh well thats the way it now has to be" its reverted back to the room thermo. So it was caused by the water slightly getting in. I now have to strip and repair my roof when the weathers ok to stop any more slight leaks. Now I wonder how long i will get away with the drip tray method with the missus?.................!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back