removing spilt masonary paint from upvc window frame - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a upvc window that has masonry paint spilt on the frame. This was the result of the neighbour and a fall from a ladder before we moved into the house. Has anyone any ideas the best way or best product to use to soften and remove the paint without damaging the plastic frame. Any help here is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A tip I was given some time ago, when I spilt some on a carpet, was to cover the paint with Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, and leave it for about 2 hours. Surprisingly, it worked, the paint was softened, and was able to scrape it off quite easily. Might be worth a try.
Makes me think twice about putting it on my skin though :D

Stick a pair or marigolds on and make a pad of cloth...dip in really hot water and hold it on the paint for a few minutes...the combination of heat and moisture may help soften the paint then pic it off with your finger.

Where abouts in Merseyside are you and is it a white cill ?
I have a work colleague that could sort it out for you ?

Sponsored Links
swarfega the one with the bits in it ,a very blunt edged knife ,slowly rubbing ...

Moz said:
swarfega the one with the bits in it ,a very blunt edged knife ,slowly rubbing ...

Ok..but what about getting the paint off the frame? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back