loft light (a different one)

amh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I need to find a neutral to connect a loft light into an existing single core system. i have identified a permanent live feed and what i though was a neutral to return to, but when switching the loft light on, a light in the bedroom comes on!! the loft light stays off

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've tapped into the switch cable for that particular bedroom, :LOL:
Put it back how you found it, and find a ceiling rose for a bedroom, use the cables in there to get your loft light supply, :)

yes - you are probably right - the bedroom concerned has two way switching which would explain the junction box! :oops:
Thanks for the advice - i try again in the morning. ;)

oh yes - one other thing - it seems to be switch live setup - does this make any difference regarding the feed and neutral?

Sponsored Links
They are all "switch live setups" - single-pole switches are only ever supposed to be put in the live conductors.

And it is quite rare for 2-way switching to affect how ceiling roses are wired.

Look at the diagrams in For Reference - it's all explained there.....

:D Thanks for your comments and help - I have a working loft light that does nothing other than go on or off when asked!
Cheers all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back