Leaking Shower Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a fiberglas shower stall in our basement. The stall is two piece and framed and drywalled on the exterior. Recently we noticed water pooling on the bathroom floor. After some investigation revealed common causes not to blame, I called a plumber. He advises that ground movement has caused the shower strainer to separate from the drain line. He said the strainer, which he called a big nut, goes on before the shower pan and the only way to fix this is to remove the shower stall and replace the strainer and reinstall everything. I am a tad skeptical as he indicated he had never seen anything like this in his 37 years of plumbing. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I`ve never Been to Canada in my 36 years plumbing so I`m in the same boat :oops: Seen a lot here in Britain, and on this UK based site ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back