worcester greenstar HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My worcester greenstar HE combi seems to lose pressure after a few days of running. Having read some of the other posts I am not sure if the pressure relief valve is passing. Not a lot of evidence of leaks at the outlet. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
you may have a leak on the system, did you just replace the boiler and if so what was the original one called?

The complete system was new about 4 years ago. I have checked under the floors (as best as I could downstairs) and round the rads themselves. It has been losing pressure for about 6 months and no wet patches on the ceilings from the upstairs pipework. How much water would I expect to see at the relief pipe? I am topping up about once a week from 0 to 1 on the gauge.

a drip would do it

what about your pressure guage is it rising when the boiler is on and firing up

Sponsored Links
Gauge rises when the water heats up. Also seem to have to bleed a couple of upstairs rad every so often. Leak in the circulation system I have not spotted?

Thanks for the help. I am under a maintenance contract with British gas, just don't like the idea of them ripping up all my floors!!! Guess I am going to have to get them out and face the mess.

Could be hydrogen formation on this old system. When you 'air out' the rads, does it have an 'odour'? I have lit it b4, but don't! Still worries me now. Youth eh!

I can check this with a hydrogen detector I have at work. The system is only 4 years old. Would topping up the Dearbon help?

Just had another thought. The display sometimes comes up with the message "syphon loop filling"....any connection to pressure loss?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back