Pressure at 3bar and now suddenly nothing at all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valliant boiler. Whilst the Central Heating was on it was working at 3bar. It was like this for a few weeks.

Now the pressure has completely disappeared (i.e below zero), whole boiler has now shut down (no hot water or heating), and doesn't refire

I have called out an engineer but after reading other posts I fear something major may have happened, and that it will be very expensive to sort out. :oops:

Sponsored Links
I should guess that at 3 bar it blew the pressure relief valve and hence you lost all your water...the boiler won't fire because you have no pressure in there. I would keep the engineer appointment though, you need to know why you got up to 3 bar

This happened to me and was very easy to fix. The operating over three bar was because the pressure vessel diaphram had broken. I ound this out by trying to take the pressure using a car tyre pressure gauge water came out. This was replaced by myself for £35. The PSV value that blew cost £6.50 approx. Both were brought from http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk/ you can select by boiler type etc. The manual that came with the boiler expalined what to do and an hour later I have a working boiler that holds its pressure at 1bar and only goes up to say 1.5bar when running.

I had never done this before but it was very easy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back