noisy pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently i changed the ballcock on my lav. since then ihave had acouple of problems.first the cistern takes ages to fill up.also especially at night and early morn when toilet is flushed after a few secs. there is a noise which gets louder until cistern is full.if i turn tap on this gets rid of noise.any suggestions please would be most grateful thank you

Sponsored Links
Is your WC cistern fed from the cold water main (you will need a high pressure float operated valve) or a cold water storage cistern up to 6 metres above the WC (you will need a low pressure float operated valve).

You possibly have tha latter and you have fitted a high pressure type. On some you have a kit with optional components.

Did you take it to bits - if so have you put it back together correctly?

Alternatively you may have some muck in your new unit-try cleaning it out.

Is there an isolating valve on the supply pipe? Are you sure you opened this? Also the valve could have failed inside, preventing it from opening fully.

Why did you change the float operated valve in the first place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back