Low pressure from Mira sprint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a house with a Mira 7.5kw electric shower (mains fed, first floor). The pressure is very low, whether you run it at burning hot or freezing cold. I have replaced the head and the hose but if anything the problem has gotten worse. We have only lived here one month so don\\\'t know if the problem has gotten worse over time. Pressure from the bathroom cold tap is excellent. Would getting a higher kw shower do me any good or does it sound like a blockage/shower is knackered?

Please help - I am starting to smell!

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the bathroom cold tap is off the mains and not from a cold water storage cistern?

Are you sure the shower is connected to the mains and not fed from a cistern?

If they are both off the mains it could be that the bathroom tap has a good water flow rate but not necessarily a good pressure - there is a difference.

You really need to find out what the water pressure is (dynamic - with another tap running at the same time).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back