Butting carpet up to a curved section of porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a solution to be able to runmy dinning room carpet out into a conservatory area and join the porcelain tiles as a curve which is the width of a room and 1.5 m top to bottom. Are there flexible tile and carpet grippers that can be bent to a curve? can any body help???

Sponsored Links
Mr Happy said:
I need a solution to be able to runmy dinning room carpet out into a conservatory area and join the porcelain tiles as a curve which is the width of a room and 1.5 m top to bottom. Are there flexible tile and carpet grippers that can be bent to a curve? can any body help???
Thanks that would be great I'm in Weymouth Dorset DT4 7RG

www.dural.com

There is a company called Kevin Watts Flooring, St George Road, Dorchester who can supply plates from the above company.

He should be able to supply or fit your choice of profile. You may need to rent a curving tool (usually between £15-£20 for the day).

These profiles are much less expensive than sending a template away to manufacture. Another cost effective way is to use formable PVC trims but I don't think they look as nice (link below)

http://www.snugsflooring.co.uk/prod...eHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=68

Please note that on this occasion I do not know the company personally and cannot guarantee any quality of service.

Good luck

Richard :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Mr Happy said:
Mr Happy said:
Thanks that would be great I'm in Weymouth Dorset DT4 7RG

Thanks Richard, really appreciate that

Hi
I know you posted this a while ago, but I was wondering whether you found a solution as I am trying to do the same thing and have been told by our carpet fitter that it's not possible? I can't believe this is true and would like to know whether you found a curved carpet gripper in the end?
Would love to know what you ended up using, it must be possible!
Thank you
Emma

Morley or Gradus will make a profile to fit and curve to the tiles, the rep will come out and measure and quote for free.

Alternatively, if the tiles are well finished, with good prep, standard carpet gripper can be fitted in pieces to follow the curve and tuck the carpet against the tiles, this won't cover any wonky tiling finishes though.

I would be a little concerned if a profesional carpet fitter is unaware that Morley or Gradus can do this, it's basic knowledge in the trade.

Thank you, that's great. I have found morley's website so will give them a call on Monday. I am a little concerned too but reckon I was being fobbed off on account of being female and it requiring a little more effort than a standard straight edge. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.
Emma

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back