Ring Main Spur, Socket not working,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have added some Cheap sockets to my ring main, Double socket above double socket so instead of two plug holes now have four plug holes. Two wires twin and earth 2.5mm in original socket with one twin and earth 2.5 mm going to the new socket . Only thing is only one plug hole works on the spur both work on the replacement original double socket. Have i done something wrong or is it the cheap £1.29 double sockets i have bought? Thanks B.

Sponsored Links
if i have understood correctly you have one twin socket front plate which is working correctly and one twin socket front plate which has one of the outlets working and the other one not working, these both being on the same socket. If this is the case then it is almost certainly the socket front which is faulty :(

HTH
Rob

probably the switch on the duff side.

"cheap"

hmmmmm

Thanks So no issues with the work i have done? What are the best sockets to buy? from your experiance??

Sponsored Links
A good "name" brand. MK and Crabtree, fine, Volex and Appleby, probably OK. I doubt you'll find Mem in the DIY shed, but they're another excellent brand.

No-name = suspicious.

I did see "Wilkinsons" cheapy cheapo shop had some MK stuff at a very good price. Don't remember if thet had sockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back