Painting over painted tiles in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About two years ago I successfully painted over my green tiles. They are now white I used International paint primer and International White. I now need to repaint these. I have bought Dulux Realife tile paint (white), done everything it says on the tin. Washed down, wet and dry etc. However whilst using a foam gloss roller the paint wouldn't take to the walls. Is this because I have already painted over the tiles? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Its because your painting over oil based with water based..real life is just a glorified emulsion..strengthend with resin to make it more washable

Togther with the masonry paint its one of the worst paints they have ever brought out..it goes by the trade name of diamond matt...take it back...dont touch the stuff with a barge pole...its ker...rap

You better off going over the tiles with proper tile paint..

Thanks for that advice. I doubt very much that B & Q will take back the paint now that its been used.
Cheers

Zampa, in one of your replies to a much earlier post on a similar theme you suggested using Dulux ultra grip. Would this be recommended to paint over painted tiles?
cheers

Sponsored Links
yep...its a two pack product with very good adhesion...one of the best ive seen......'sticks like sh*it to a blanket'...to use the technical terminology..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back