indesit wd12 not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have an indesit wd12 that doesn't dry clothes anymore, clothes just come out wet and cold. Can anyone suggest why?!

Sponsored Links
Yep. The heater isn't working. Could be the heater, thermostats or a fusible link (if fitted).

Thanks, are these all fairly easy to find in the machine and rerplace?

Take the lid off, the heater is on top. The stats and fusible link are in the same area.

Sponsored Links
Finally got round to taking the top off, is the thermostat the round thing with 2 wires going to it located between the blower motor and the heating element. The wires had something like black soot on them so is this likely to be the problem? cant get a replacement thermostat

It's taken six months to get the top off?
Wonder how long it will take you to meter the stat to see if it's open circuit?
:p

Yeah, okay, fair point! Need to try and fix it soon, my wife has given me a two week deadline. I've told her she has no patience! :LOL:

Use a multimeter, take the wires off the stat and check for continuity through the stat. If it's open circuit you need a new stat, available from a local repair shop (they can order if not in stock). If the stat is ok do the same checks on the element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back