dishwasher waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a new kitchen fitted, and the under-sink u-bend has a special connector on to which you can push the waste outlet from your dishwasher.

only problem is - our Bosch dishwasher has an outlet pipe exactly the same diameter as the connector. It is too rigid to be heated and pushed on, and despite asking in several local shops I have been unable to find an adaptor. Did consider hosepipe with circlips, but hosepipe diameter is too small.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It would be better if you could have a seperate outlet completely for your dishwasher. This will prevent Any possibility of waste water getting back into your machine.
I hate those undersink connectors with a passion. you are much better off with a seperate waste with an air break in the pipe and a water trap to the outside world. The same as you would have for a washing machine...

I, too, detest those traps, or trap adaptors, that have an appliance connector spigot, but anyway...

I expect that the end of the Bosch outlet, which looks as though it would push onto a ribbed spigot, is actually just a strengthened end to the outlet hose, and is intended for placing into the top of a standard washing machine downpipe.

If you read the MI, does it recommend a standpipe? If so, then that's what you ought to have.

Maybe i can answer this, i have the same p-trap with appliance adaptor etc and Bosch dishwasher, in my haste i hacked off the 'hardened' bit and fitted on the connector with a jubilee clip :oops:
But..in the Bosch packet there is a rubber union that you can use to adapt the two, i only found this after actually stopping and reading the instructions ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. It has been very helpful. :D

When I checked our manual, I too discovered a reference to an adaptor - unfortunately, the machine is approx 10 years old, and whilst we have probably not thrown it away - the chance of finding it after 2 housemoves is minimal.
Plus, my partner also cut the end off in the hope of getting it to fit.
Success was achieved, when we found a 15 to 17mm adaptor in a small hardware store in Cornwall. The pipe went on - however there was a slight leak despite the best efforts of a jubilee clip.
A small amount of water-resistant silicon sealer applied before putting the parts together made all the difference.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back