aquavac pro 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks, anyone have one of these? I acquired one a few years back and apart from being incredibly noisy it's a great vacuum. However, I've never used it for wet work. I was never given a manual by the person who passed it on to me so I've no idea how to use it for wet. Presumably it can't be used with the normal paper bag for wet work?

Sponsored Links
I've had a couple of Aquavacs. If you want to suck wet with them, you take off the paper filter. You can get a cartridge filter made of corrugated fibrous cardboard (some have a perforated metal sleeve) that you push over the black plastic cage.

You will see a plastic ball inside the cage. when the canister fills up with water it floats up and blocks the air outlet to prevent water being sucked into the fan (like the table-tennis ball in a divers snorkel). You can actually use the cartridge filter instead of, or as as well as, the paper bag. When it gets clogged with dust you can brush the corrugations, or hose it clean with water.

If the water is completely clean, you can suck it up without the filter, otherwise you get fine water spray mixed in the exhaust which is very tiresome.

If you were given yours you may find it already has the cartridge fitted - you get one with the new cleaner.

If hoovering brick or plaster dust use it AS WELL AS the dust sack, which is a big paper bag that filled the canister and wraps round the filter. Builders dust blocks the filter fast.

Goblin accessories are the same maker and also fit.

the early Aquavacs had a steel drum that will eventually rust if used wet - if yours is like that, air it well when wet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back