Whirlpool installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a Whirlpool 4400 dishwasher. I connected it up, switched on and the earth trip system switched off the power supply to all my house sockets. After trying various appliances I came to the conclusion that the machine was at fault. Whirlpool replaced it with a new one. The new one started ok but there was no water coming in and after a few minutes the fault light started flashing. I also noticed that none of the lights, that indicate which programme was being used, were working. Whirlpool are again sending a replacement(it arrives April 14).
I am starting to worry that there is something that I have missed. The water inlet is fine and the waste hose is connected into the sink trap but I have noticed that there is a circular plastic part about 2 inches down from the end of the waste hose. Is it some kind of non-return valve or is it something that I should have removed before connecting up? :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back