Dishwasher Rumble - Whirlpool ADG 7540

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a fitted Whirlpool ADG7540 dishwasher. Of late it has produced a rumbling sound when in its cycle. It's the sort of sound that I would associate with the spin-arms spinning eccentrically (i.e. come loose). However I have had these out and cleaned them through and reseated them OK per the handbook.
Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Put something into the dishwasher to stop the arms turning. If the noise stops you need new arms. If the noise doesn't stop then you're probably looking at replacing the circulation motor/pump.

My machine makes the same noise and I've found the cause but not the cure. The grey pipe that takes the water out clicks into two sockets behind the spinning arm on the floor of the machine. If it springs loose it rattles during the cycle and doesn't suck the water out properly; you may notice food deposits being left. You can click it in place but mine keeps springing out. Any suggestions how to stop it?

Sponsored Links
The proper cure is to replace the part it clips into. You could of course use silicon sealant to fix in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back