Washing Machine Drain pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps and Chapesses! I have just paid someone to install plumbing in a room attached to my house which I am converting to a utility room which will house my American fridge/freezer and washing machine. All seemed well til he was about to go and I saw that the drainage pipe for the washer and which has had to be fitted to come round the corner of the house, was fixed above the back door step and about 2" proud of the wall, creating an obvious safety hazzard. I mentioned to the chap that I couldn't have it left that way as it was too dangerous if not illegal and he's going to return in a week or two to try and make the fit better. Can anyone suggest the safest way to position the pipe-I can post pictures if necesary.
Many thanks
"Worried of West Midlands" !!! LOL

Sponsored Links
Do you have wooden floors, or concrete?

Have you already paid this person, and, if so, what are the chances he will come back?

Where is the drain or pipe that you are connecting to?

Hi
I have concrete floors and yes I have paid the chap. I'm pretty certain he will come back...I have known him for years but although he has basic plumbing knowledge, he is first and foremost a gas fitter.
The new plumbing for the washing machine is at the side of my house and the drain it needs to empty into is at the back, so the drain pipe has to come right around the corner. originally, he said to me that he could drop the pipe behind the back door step so I assumed that he knew what he was on about. He didn't tell me what he intended to do today and it wasn't until he was leaving that I got to see where the pipe was. When I said that it was dangerous where it was as it created a trip hazzard, that was when he said that he couldn't lay it flat as there had to be a downward angle for the water to run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back