HOTPOINT FIRST EDITION 1000. WM52P. WHERE IS THE FILTER?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Think too much horse hair has blocked the filter - guess I shouldn't wash the rugs in my machine :oops:
Could you please tell me where the filter is - searched high and low but cannot see anything that remotely looks like what I would imagine a filter would look like.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hotpoint filters are not accesible from the outside of the machine. The filter lies in the sump pipe which is the outlet right at the bottom of the tub. The sump pipe is clamped onto the tub by a plastic ring clamp which you have to remove to gain access to the plastic filter inside. The best way to unclip this is to bend one end of the clip up and pull the other end down to release.When fitting back push together until tight. I assume there is a blockage and the machine will not drain if so, dont forget when you unclip the hose the tub will empty so have a container ready to catch the water and of course make sure the machine is unplugged from socket.If you are not confident in doing this I would recommend you call a white good Engineer as the blockage could also be in the drain pump which is anther dismantling job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back