worcester 24cdi boiler ,no hot water but cent heating works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,hope someone on the forum can help,my worcester 24cdi combi boiler works perfectly on the central heating but i can only get hot water when the central heating is working,when the heating is not on i cannot get any hot water at taps. any advice would be greatly appreciated. regards dave.

Sponsored Links
Diaphragm in diverter valve, sod of a job but plenty of advise already on the forum.

And not really a diy job - even I can't be ar**d to do them these days.

hi,i forgot to mention ,when the dhw tap is turned on the red dhw light never lights up,wether this makes any differance to the answers already given please advise .ps thanks for the very quick replies. regards dave

Sponsored Links
I hope you can follow this amazing bit of logic!

The light does not come on BECAUSE the diverter valve is failed.

We charge extra on your model to repair it just because its such an aweful job, £136 to £156 depending on how busy we are! We allow 2.5 hours but hope to do it in 1.5 if things dont go too badly.

Tony

I take it the other 1.5, is incase it leaks, and you have to drain down and start all over :LOL: "Jesting"

Dave. (Swine of a job ).

No Dave, you have not read that properly.

Its 1.5 hours to do the job plus another hour to drain down and do it again when it leaks making a total of 2.5 hours!

We try to do that as the last job in case it makes us seriously late for the next.

I have heard of people who have to re-do it two or three times before they either sort it or walk away.

The one I did a few months ago was for a friend of a friend and I could not walk away from it!

Tony

Likewise Tony, last one I did was my sisters, luckily she's moved now.

replaced diverter valve today,the job was quite straight forward , not actually as scary as was previously said,the critical thing is to replace the o rings and make sure all the mating surfaces are totally clean to avoid leaks.system now 100% working.

I very very rarely replace the whole dv for the sake of a diaphragm any more, just buy a 90 deg philips screwdriver and replace the diaphragm in situ. You're right about new o rings but you always need to do that on the worcesters and though most would disagree I always smear with a thin coat of lsx and have never had a leak from anything I've put back together. Well done on that though, not the easiest to start on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back