Clogged Outdoor Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a set of concrete steps which go from ground level down to the basement; below ground. I have a drain in the lowest point in the base of the steps. I bought the house, but the owner failed to mention that the drain had been clogged for years. Everytime it rains, there is a possibility of a flooded basement. I have tried a plunger, and I tried using a wire hanger like a snake. The wire hangar goes down about a third of a meter and stops. No matter how I twist or push, it stops in the same spot. I cannot see anything obvious obstructing flow. Any thoughts or wisdom would greatly be appreciated. DK0965

Sponsored Links
contact a drain clearing expert. You will not have the appropriate gear, and it might be expensive to have someone do it, but it will be expensive if you do nothing.

I have precisely the same problem.

Outside of having expensive help come in, how do you break up the clog (it looks like a mix of mortar, pebbles, and concrete)?

Was this problem ever solved? Did you get help from a professional? If so, how was the work done?

Thank you,

Per

============================
please see forum rules 17 & 20

Sponsored Links
We will probably never know!

People are quick to ask for advice but rarely tell us what the problem turned out to be.

If the drain is blocked with concrete and you can get to it you may find that only the surface is solid and there is soft stuff underneath.

In the worst case it may be necessary to cut out and replace the drain component!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back