hygena dbl oven

dhl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
replacing an old Zanuzzi with an Hygena concorde, taken out old oven fm housing unit
specs old 240v-50Hz new 230v-50Hz compatible Y or N?
main question would reconnecting wires be suffice inc earth :?:

Sponsored Links
your kettle is rated at 230V 50Hz. Your TV is rated at 230V 50Hz. My phone charger is rated at 230V 50Hz.

230v and 240v are interchangable. you will probably find your supply voltage around 235V but the acceptable tolerances are between 210V and 250V.

What is the kilowatt rating of the new and old ovens? Because this is what matters most. somewhere near the ratings you found above will be a KW or W figure, it will be between 2500W (2.5Kw) and 6000w (6kw). tell us these and we will be able to tell you if you can do a straight swap.

Old oven has number of KW ratings as it is multi purpose I will list as in book
Upper oven rating 2500w

Lower oven rating are as follows

lower element 1000w
upper element 1000w
grill element 1000w

New oven has single rating even though same multi purpose as above

4.07 kw

Cheers

Sponsored Links
dhl said:
ooppps

made an error
old spec on grill should of read 200w

that sounds much too low. Could it be 2000W?

The old cooker sounds as if it would be 2kw max, which is low enough to run through a plug and socket with a 13Amp fuse. Your new one has a higher load.

Have you got a big cooker switch and a big cooker outlet in your kitchen? If you have, go and have a look at your consumer unit (fusebox) and see if there is a way matked "cooker". If there is, what numbers and letters are on the circuit breaker for the cooker?
Have you got a gas hob, or an electric hob?

If you switch off the "Cooker" MCB, what stops working?

JohnD, his old oven would have been 5500w max (based on grill 2000w). Upper 2500 + lower 3000w (cant use all 3 elements at once)

If i were putting a new circuit in for the new oven, i would put a 20A MCB at the CU and run 6mm² (future expansion) cable to a DP switch and flex outlet.

The old one is probably on a 32A radial, so you should be able to do a straight swap if this is the case. Cant see a problem with it.

Guys

Thanks for yourhelp, yes the Grill should have read 2000 not 200 I have swapped the appliance over (heavy are'nt they) and all seems ok

Thanks all

bloody good site this and UK as well

Doey Huey & Luey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back