C&K securitech alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our C&K securitech alarm system CO23-023 Iss.1 has been working well until last night when we had a power cut. Since then the alarm will not set. We moved in recently and dont have a manual. I searched on the net and saw a manual but it doesn't tell you how to re-set after a power cut. Can anyone help please? :cry:

Sponsored Links
I have installed some old ex-chubb panels in the past, and the majority of them use CK Securitech PCB's inside them.

The procedure for the reset of the Chubb panels was to type the code in then wait for a nee-naw-nee-naw sound, then press the # key.

Try that and see how you get on.

Not that familier with these panels, but it sounds like you probably need a new battery too.

I tried entering the code but there was no sound at all. When I then entered # still nothing.

Sponsored Links
mosie said:
I tried entering the code but there was no sound at all. When I then entered # still nothing.

Does the panel make and noise when you press the buttons?

If NO then the panel has probably locked out, this happens when the battery is flat and theres a power cut.

SOLUTION - Buy a new battery drop off all power, power up off new battery first, then apply mains. Or just remove battery and mains, and just apply mains, if this works, you still need a new battery!

Have you tried the default user code? It could be 1234 or simular, again if the battery is flat inside the panel this can sometimes happen on older panels.

IS there power to the alarm panel (and remote keypad if it has one!) , because you had a power cut , when the power came back on it may have surged the panel and taken out either the external spur fuse , or even the internal fuses on the alarm pcb, or it could have even spiked the memory on the panel, or even blown the dc circuit on the panel , but that would be rare as they do normally have some protection.

This could have happened because your house wiring may be quite old and you may not have trip switches & an rcd, which means that due to slower disconnection times (and if the alarm is wired on the lighting circuit then it could be as much as 5 seconds) as you do not have to comply with the mandatory 0.4secs for sockets , then it could be that the surge did some damage.

Check power etc and let us know how you get on.

When I pressed the buttons on the control panel yesterday there was no noise. I tried again today and there is a noise each time a button is pressed! I tried using the 1234 sequence and others as well but to no avail. The supasafe electric box has an RCD installed but I'm not sure which fuse feeds the alarm system.

There should be a Unswitched FCU near the panel somewhere.

Not sure where you can get hold of a manual, maybe try http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/index.php someone maybe able to help you futher.

Failing that it maybe time to buy yourself a new panel, if your confident enough, or get the experts in, sorry I couldnt help you more, without being on site and seeing the panel and playing around, sometimes its hard to sort.

Many thanks offroader for your help. I may need to spend a few £££££s
Thanks.

This happened to me a few months ago. My panel had totally locked up. I reset the panel by removing power and shorting out the nvm. (two pins on the pcb) applied power and unshorting the pins.
You have to reprogramme the panel again, but at least its back working. Hope this helps

When you reset the nvm, the setting code should back to 1234.

hi people
is there still a problem with this system?

pointless asking about a post that is over a year old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back