Bosch Diswasher - or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can somebody help? My dishwasher is not filling with water - it's as if there is a block somewhere. I have checked that the water is on and the pipe is not kinked - any other suggestions? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I presume water is coming out of the pipe before it goes into the dishwasher? :?:

From my dealings with these dont most Bosch dishwasher come with a large connection (rectangular item) where they connect to the wash tap, normally these contain filters and prv's.

Yes, water is coming through the hose, and the tap is definately on. I wondered whether the actual inlet to the dishwasher may have a shut off valve or something similar, as I did have to disconnect the hose in order to move the dishwasher to decorate. I wondered whether a washer or such may have got lost ?

Sponsored Links
Is it sensing that the door is shut? When you first start a cycle, the first thing you should hear is the pump running to remove any water left over from the previous wash, then it should open the inlet valve.

Yes, the door is definately closed and the excess water does pump out when the cycle starts. After reading all the repair notes I bought an inlet valve today, replaced the old one but it still isn't working - £25.00 down the drain, so to speak....

it might be that the water level (air pressure) switch is signalling that the water is already up to level.

Internal blockage on pipework causes this. Not the easiest machines to work on either

John Lewis label for £299 - not sure what make it really is but as it comes with 3 years guarantee as standard and no delivery charges, thought that was a good deal. Had a cooker and hob off of them previousl; both with the three years as standard. The cooker is AEG and no idea what the hob is although it's very similar to the Bosch model. So, fingers crossed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back