Norton Symantec problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Commonly used Symantec tools.
On a single (Symantec ) page .. try finding that !
Click for Link to Symantec
The page has links to commonly used Symantec tools... Like full uninstallation ;) ;)
Also -
Commonly used Symantec AutoFix tools on a single page.

Handle with care .. they may get you there !!

Recently bought - cheap from Amazon reseller - Norton Systemworks (NSW) 2005 -- £24.99 ( NSW 2006 not compatible with win98 )
Would have cost about as much to purchase a year of updates for my old NSW 2002.
Took an hour or so to remove all traces of NSW 2002 from registry after using it's own uninstall routine, near 3000 entries remained, thanks to Registrar Lite ;) relatively pain free to track the entries.
Now have 24 processes running following lengthier bootup, 20 when running NSW 2002... I like the disk and system tools in NSW, but may migrate to a freeby Anti Virus ...

Which freeby AV is provably (is that possible?) the best right now?

;)

Sponsored Links
I use SystemWorks, and also the trick of buying last-year's version at half price, and getting a year's updates included.

Sounds like you are troubled by the amount of things it has installed? You can I think install just Norton AntiVirus? (as Custom Install, not the whole SystemWorks content on the disk) I find (with Win XP) that I don't need the fix and tune-up tools that are included, I often use them with my old Windoze versions.

You can get last-year's NAV on Fleabay very cheap (have to make sure you get a genuine, sealed unregistered version)

Yep, I have minimal install .. but still have greater overheads than NSW 2002.. hence the thoughts on freeby AV ... The other Norton tools are good - for me - have kept Win98se running well without a re-install around 6 yrs... Ghost 2003 is superb - so far.
Trying to bypass XP ... waiting the next generation Longtooth or whatever ;)

Sponsored Links
Back