Ideal Classic FF350 - No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

1st post!

I have a Classic FF350 (brand new in Aug 2002, new build house) which has stopped producing hot water.

The timer works ok (ie the light comes on on the Siemens RWB9 programmer), and the central heating works fine. This makes me think it's a boiler problem? It's in the garage and we have a hot water tank upstairs. We also have a separate switch to heat the water electrically (immersion heater????)

Any ideas?

I guess I'll need to call a plumber out? We are selling the house in a few weeks, and need this sorted ASAP!

cheers for you help, and as you may guess I'm no expert!! :D

Sponsored Links
a different forum (Plumbing pages) suggested it may be a faulty valve at water tank, as the boiler seems fine since CH OK.

I have also searched around and could it be a microswitch issue? The problem started off as intermittent failure, before complete failure of HW.

Any more opinions before I call out a plumber/CH guy?

Ridiculous question #2: Approx cost for this sort of work?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back